Grilling is one thing. Smoking is a whole other ballgame. There’s no question that grilled foods can be delicious. However, if you’ve ever tasted smoked meats, you’ll know that it’s the best thing that’ll ever come out of your backyard kitchen. If you’re looking for a grill that can smoke meats as well, then you’re going to need a grill with a smoker box. And we’ve got the 5 best ones listed below.
When it comes to combination grills, the Char-Griller E1224 Smokin Pro has got to be our number one favorite. The charcoal barrel grill and side firebox are made of heavy gauge powder-coated steel construction and features cast-iron cooking grates. Removable charcoal drawers make it easy to refuel the grill. The grill also features a temperature gauge, a storage rack, and two wheels which make it easy to move around. The barrel has 580 square inches of cooking space while the firebox has 250 square inches of cooking space. This is an excellent grill and smoker that you can get at an affordable price. The only drawbacks are that it’s not easy to assemble since the instructions are poorly written and the paint does burn off rather quickly.
If you want something slightly smaller, then the Royal Gourmet BBQ Charcoal Grill and Offset Smoker is the next best thing. Its design is similar to the Char-Griller with the main charcoal barrel grill and side firebox. It also features the same front and side tables for extra workspace and porcelain-coated cooking grates for even heat distribution. The removable ash pan, temperature gauge, smoke stack, and two wheels. Unlike our number 1 pick, this one has 438 square inches of cooking space in the main chamber and 183 square inches of cooking space in the side box. Aside from being smaller, this grill is also less expensive. However, it doesn’t seal properly and the metal is a bit thinner in comparison to the Char-Griller.
Outdoor chefs who want something a bit more high tech should check out the Camp Chef Woodwind SG 24 Pellet Grill with Sear Box. This grill features Smart Smoke Technology, using digital temperature control and an automatic auger to feed pellets into the grill which makes maintaining temperature super easy. The temperature range of the grill is 160° F up to 500° F. You can grill and smoke in it. You can also bake, roast, braise, and barbecue with this baby. Plus, the side box isn’t just for smoking meats. You an also use it to create a crisp, caramelized sear. The biggest drawback to this grill is the price.
For more versatility, you’ll want the Blackstone 3-in-1 Kabob Charcoal Grill. Aside from being a grill and a smoker, this baby also functions as a rotisserie grill and kabob cooker. The model comes with 11 23-inch heavy duty skewers that gets turned by the automatic turning machine. There’s a crank to adjust the height of the charcoal tray for more precise temperature control. Assembly is pretty easy too. However, the metal is a bit thin and easily dented.
The Landmann 560202 Charcoal Grill has a lot of the same features as our other picks but it comes in a compact package. The main chamber has 363 square inches of cooking space while the smoker has 169 square inches of cooking space. It features porcelain-coated cast iron grates, an adjustable charcoal tray, a removable ash pan, and a temperature gauge. It has large wheels and a foldable side shelf which makes it easy to transport. The grill is easy to use and clean, an important consideration when you’re dealing with ash. However, it is not easy to assemble and the metal is a bit on the thin side.
Table of Contents
- Camp Chef Woodwind SG 24 Pellet Grill with Sear Box - Smart Smoke Technology - Ash Cleanout System - with Slide and Grill Technology
- Char-Griller E1224 Smokin Pro 830 Square Inch Charcoal Grill with Side Fire Box, Black
- Blackstone 3-in-1 Kabob Charcoal Grill - Barbecue - Smoker - With Automatic Rotisserie - 11 custom heavy-duty skewers included
- Royal Gourmet BBQ Charcoal Grill and Offset Smoker, 30'' L, 800 Square Inch, Outdoor for Camping, Black
- Landmann 560202 Vista Barbecue Grill with Offset Smoker Box, Black
|Camp Chef Woodwind SG 24 Pellet Grill with Sear Box - Smart Smoke Technology - Ash Cleanout System - with Slide and Grill Technology||--||BUY NOW||x x||Camp Chef|
|Char-Griller E1224 Smokin Pro 830 Square Inch Charcoal Grill with Side Fire Box, Black||$188.00||BUY NOW||21.7 x 18.9 x 31.9 inches||Char-Griller|
|Blackstone 3-in-1 Kabob Charcoal Grill - Barbecue - Smoker - With Automatic Rotisserie - 11 custom heavy-duty skewers included||--||BUY NOW||45.25 x 24 x 51 inches||Blackstone|
|Royal Gourmet BBQ Charcoal Grill and Offset Smoker, 30'' L, 800 Square Inch, Outdoor for Camping, Black||$111.76||BUY NOW||55.1 x 27.2 x 48.4 inches||Royal Gourmet|
|Landmann 560202 Vista Barbecue Grill with Offset Smoker Box, Black||$170.59||31% OFFBUY NOW||54 x 25.5 x 47.5 inches||Landmann|
Camp Chef Woodwind SG 24 Pellet Grill with Sear Box - Smart Smoke Technology - Ash Cleanout System - with Slide and Grill Technology
- SMART SMOKE TECHNOLOGY- The digital temperature control and automatic auger feed pellets into the grill to maintain the heat for you and produce the optimal amount of smoke. Just set it and let it-no more babysitting.
- ENDLESS VERSATILITY- Grill, smoke, bake, roast, braise, and barbecue all your favorite foods with premium wood-fired flavor on a single grill. Cook how you want with a huge temperature range at your fingertips, from 160° F up to 500° F.
- HUGE COOKING AREA- 811 square inches of cooking surface area and a removable upper warming rack give you enough room to cook for the entire neighborhood. Load up the grill with whole chickens, brisket, jerky, and more.
- PATENTED ASH CLEANOUT- Cleaning between cooks is as easy as pulling a lever, thanks to the exclusive Ash Cleanout system you won't find on any other grill. That means less time wrestling with the vacuum and more time enjoying heavenly food.
- PERFECT SEARED FINISH- The included Sear Box reaches temperatures up to 900° F for a crisp, caramelized sear. Smoke burgers, steaks, chicken, and more on the grill, then transfer to the propane-fueled Sear Box to finish.
The Woodwind SG is fueled by hardwood pellets generating heat and smoke, infusing your food with a savory wood fire taste that'll make your taste buds sing. With grill temperature settings from 160°F to 500°F, and the included Sear Box that reaches up to 900° F, you can expect perfect results, whether you're grilling, smoking, baking, roasting, braising, barbecuing, or even searing. When you're finished, cleanup is a breeze thanks to Camp Chef's patented ash clean-out cup system. No Camp Chef competitor has an easier ash clean-up process.
Here's a quick breakdown of what the Woodwind SG features over Camp Chef's already industry-leading legacy Woodwind:
Slide & Grill Technology
One of the most revolutionary additions to the Woodwind or any grill in the industry for that matter, with the pull of a knob you can smoke a brisket for 15 hours or unleash a quick flame broil cook for your burgers. Two flavor profiles-one grill.
Increased Hopper Capacity
While the traditional Woodwind grill rocks an 18 lb hopper, the Woodwind SG holds 22 for longer cook-time before pellets need to be added.
Dual Meat Probes
In just a matter of seconds you'll get an accurate reading of what's going on under the lid. Two meat probes means you can get a more precise read on your next meal.
40% More Cook Space
The increased height of the pellet grill chamber allows you to crank out more food. Feed more people and get the most out of your pellet grill.
Char-Griller E1224 Smokin Pro 830 Square Inch Charcoal Grill with Side Fire Box, Black
- Traditional charcoal grill with side firebox for Texas style barbecue
- Grill barrel and side firebox provide heavy-gauge powder-coated steel construction; nonstick cast-iron cooking grates for even heating
- Removable charcoal drawers allow users to add charcoal and dump ashes easily; double bottom for long-term durability
- Additional features include temperature gauge, storage rack and 2 wheels for easy transport. Heavy Duty Steel Construction
- 580 square inches of cooking surface ; 250 square inch side fire box for either charcoal cooking or smoking ; Total cooking area of the Char-Griller grill and smoker is 830 square inches
- Grill measures 62" X 29" X 50", weight: 146 lbs., Assembly required
The barrel of the grill and side firebox are crafted in heavy-gauge steel with powder-coat finish to endure high heats and long-term use. A double bottom also increases the grill's durability. Nonstick grill grates constructed in cast iron resist warping and embellish the heat and flavor distribution to meats as they cook. Grate height also may be altered for different dishes. Slide-out coal drawers enable cooks to add charcoal while cooking without removing grill grates and dump residual ash easily. A rack below the grill supplies convenient space for seasoning spices, paper plates, hot pads, and barbecue accessories. The airtight-flanged grill hood keeps bugs and debris out while containing flames and heat. The hood also features a heat gauge for temperature monitoring. The grill stands four legs with two sturdy feet and two wheels for transport. Char-Griller has several Smokin' Pro accessories available for separate purchase, including a warming shelf, rotisserie kit, and propane igniter. The grill requires assembly upon delivery and includes thorough direction, as well as several barbecue recipes. This item is covered by a one-year warranty for material or craftsmanship defects. The grill measures 62 by 29 by 50 inches and weighs 146 pounds. --Jessica Reuling
Blackstone 3-in-1 Kabob Charcoal Grill - Barbecue - Smoker - With Automatic Rotisserie - 11 custom heavy-duty skewers included
- 3 UNITS IN ONE - The Kabob delivers three unique cooking experiences including the traditional barbecue, a motorized shish kebob/kebab and, thanks to the adjustable vents, a meat and fish smoker
- BUILT IN THERMOMETER - Monitor temperatures inside with the built in thermometer. Powder-coated steel frame with commercial wheels
- DURABLE - The professional grade black powder coated finish is designed to withstand incredibly high temperatures and ensures that your Kabob grill/smoker/rotisserie combination unit keep looking fresh and ready for action for many years to come
- HIGH QUALITY SKEWERS - This grill comes with 11 custom 23 inch long heavy duty skewers made just for this grill
- ROTISSERIE MOTOR - The built in motor will automatically rotate your kabobs for you, delivering consistent and delicious results every time
Royal Gourmet BBQ Charcoal Grill and Offset Smoker, 30'' L, 800 Square Inch, Outdoor for Camping, Black
- Traditional charcoal grill with offset smoker combination for dual style barbecue. The offset smoker can also be used as a small grill. Please fuel it using lump charcoal or briquet, with a small amount of wood chips added to help increase flavor.
- Spacious porcelain-coated cooking grates, retain heat evenly helping to lock in the juices and make your meat more tender. And also easy to clean.
- Removal charcoal, ashes pan allow users to tend charcoal and dump ashes easily. Ignition Type-No Ignition System
- Total 800 square inches of cooking surfaces, 438 square inches of main chamber,183 square inches of side box for either charcoal grilling or smoking, plus 179 square inches of swing-away rack. Assembly required.
- Additional features as smoke stack, temperature gauge, scald-proof handle, seamless connection, access door on side to tend charcoal, side air vent, and portable to transport. New black coating process, withstands temperature up to 400? and will not peel off easily.
Prepare quick and delicious gourmet meals for your family with this 30" Barrel Charcoal Grill
with Offset Smoker. A compact design and versatile appliance can fit on most patios,
balconies and decks with ease. The porcelain enamel cooking grates are durable and
you can regulate the cooking temperature easily. The cooking chamber is designed
with adjustable charcoal pan for better heating. The most attractive features are the
combination offset smoker, adopt groove design, and ensure sealing performance of
the side smoker box, better to heat up.
The most attractive features are the combination offset smoker, adopt groove design, and ensure sealing performance of the side smoker box, better to heat up.
Landmann 560202 Vista Barbecue Grill with Offset Smoker Box, Black
Item is on SALE !!! 31% discount will save $78.41
- Large grilling capacity with porcelain coated cast iron grates
- Charcoal pan adjusts to multiple positions
- Chrome plated steel warming rack provides 201 sq. in of secondary grilling space
- Large removable ash tray
- Large stainless steel handles and temperature gauge