The question you are probably asking yourself right now is, “What should I look for when buying a gas grill?” While there are many things to consider, your budget is the biggest thing that will determine the type of grill you get. If your budget is $500, I’ve done the hard work for you and picked 5 top rated propane gas grills in that price range.
Of all the grills I’ve listed here, the Weber Q3200 is my favorite. The name Weber is synonymous with high-quality grills, and this one is no different from the rest. Its spacious cooking area (393 square inches) is heated by 2 stainless steel burners that produce 21,700 BTUs per hour. While its counterpart, the Weber Spirit II E-310 Grill has a 529-square-inch cooking area and a 10-year warranty, it has a higher price tag.
The grill with the largest cooking space is Char-Broil’s Oklahoma Joe’s which gives you 1,060 square inches. It has six grates and uses both charcoal and liquid propane gas. The Char-Broil New Braunfels Grill is also a hybrid grill and easily switches from a gas grill to a charcoal grill. It also delivers the most BTUs of all the grills listed here – 52,000. The last Char-Broil grill on my list is the Signature TRU-Infrared Grill which uses both natural gas and liquid propane.
I love the fact that all the grills listed here have wheels, which means you can easily move them from one spot to another. They also have a storage area for your propane tank.
Table of Contents
- Char-Broil 463377319 Performance Stainless Steel 4-Burner Cart Style Gas Grill
- Fuego F21S-H Element Hinged Propane Gas Grill
- Nexgrill 4-Burner Stainless Steel Propane Gas Grill
- Kenmore Stainless Steel 4 Burner LP Gas Grill With Side Burner
- Monument Grills 4-Burner Propane Gas Grill
- Char-Broil Performance 475
- Camp Chef Flat Top Grill
- Royal Gourmet Event 8-Burner BBQ Propane Gas Grill
- Monument Grills Stainless Steel 4-Burner Gas Grill w/ Rotisserie
- Weber 57060001 Q3200 Liquid Propane Grill
- Weber 49010001 Spirit II E-310 Gas Grill NG Outdoor, Black
- Char-Broil Signature TRU-Infrared 420 3-Burner Cabinet Liquid Propane Gas Grill
- Char-Broil Oklahoma Joe's Charcoal/LP Gas/Smoker Combo
- Char-Broil Gas2Coal 3-Burner Liquid Propane and Charcoal Hybrid Grill
Char-Broil 463377319 Performance Stainless Steel 4-Burner Cart Style Gas Grill
- 4 stainless steel burners that produce up to 36,000 BTU (total)
- A 10,000 BTU side burner
- Stainless steel heat tents for even heat distribution
- 425 square inches of cooking space over porcelain-coated cast iron grates
A well-performing full-sized grill doesn’t have to cost you an arm and a leg. The Char-Broil Performance Stainless Steel 4-Burner Gas Grill is proof of that. This is an Amazon exclusive grill that features 4 stainless steel burners with a max output of 36,000 BTU and a side burner with 10,000 BTU under a flush-mounted lid. You get even heat distribution due to the presence of heat tents placed over the burners. The side shelves are also made of stainless steel and provide you with ample prep space. A removable drip tray makes clean up as easy as pie. With this Char-Broil grill, you get the assurance that you’ll always get delicious results and a guarantee that the grill will last several years of use and abuse.
Fuego F21S-H Element Hinged Propane Gas Grill
- 346 square inches of cooking space provided by a cast iron grilling grate
- compact size – 21 inches by 21 inches (lid closed)
- dual zone burner system with an output of 22,000 BTU/hr.
- Temperature range reaches 650 degrees Fahrenheit
- hinged lid design
The Fuego Element Hinged is not your average gas grill. It certainly doesn’t look like one, right? Well, there’s more to it than just it’s cool aesthetics. The grill is amazingly efficient and powerful. It can reach 500 degrees Fahrenheit within 5 minutes due to its 22,000 BTU/hr dual burner. The cast iron grates retain heat really well and produce gorgeous sear marks. The 45-degree hinged lid keeps your hands free as you turn food around. But the best thing about the grill is its ability to do direct and indirect grilling, allowing you to be more versatile in your cooking. With a twist of the knob, you can create Zone 1 where only the edge burners are turned on at 15,000 BTU/hr. For direct grilling, you can choose to turn on Zone 1 and 2 to produce 22,000 BTU/hr. And should you want to be even more versatile, you can opt to get the cast iron griddle or pizza plate (sold separately). Other highlights include the easy-to-access tank storage and the drop through residue removal system for easy cleanup.
Nexgrill 4-Burner Stainless Steel Propane Gas Grill
- 462 square inches of primary cooking space provided by stainless steel-wrapped cooking grids (7 mm crossbars)
- 164.5 square inches of secondary cooking space provided by the stainless steel warming rack
- 4 304 stainless steel tubular burners with a max output of 12,000 BTU each
- 1 side burner with a max output of 12,000 BTUs under a flush mounted cover
- Electronic igniter system
- Even-Heat Cooking System
The Nexgrill 4-Burner Propane Gas Grill With Side Burner is an affordable option for grillers who want a lot of cooking space and decent power but are limited by their budget. The grill is pretty basic with 4 main burners that can be controlled independently and a side burner for heating sauces or cooking side dishes. The stainless steel coated cooking grates can fit around 22 hamburgers – good enough to feed your family plus some neighbors and relatives on game day. It features two stainless steel side shelves so you can easily prep your food while manning the grill. Angled flame tamers underneath the grates improve heat distribution, minimize flare ups, and enhance flavor by vaporizing drippings. While the grill isn’t entirely constructed of stainless steel, it is a good bargain for those who want a decent full-sized grill at an affordable price.
Kenmore Stainless Steel 4 Burner LP Gas Grill With Side Burner
- total cooking surface of 621 square inches
- 4 stainless steel burners with a max output of 10,000 BTU each
- 1 side burner with a max output of 13,000 BTUs
- fully welded stainless steel lid
- built-in temperature gauge
- stainless steel warming rack
- 6mm stainless steel cooking grates
- stainless steel flavorizer bars
- stainless steel control panel and side shelves with integrated utensil hooks
- chrome-plated knobs
- aluminum grease box
- 3-inch casters including 2 locking casters
This Kenmore gas grill is another good option for those who want a full function unit for feeding large groups but can’t go above $500. Looking at all the features included in the grill, it’s safe to say that you can expect a lot of bang for your buck. While the grill is not completely made of stainless steel (it does have chrome-plated knobs), a lot of the major components are which means better durability. The burners start up quickly and provide even heat distribution. This is helped by the presence of the stainless steel flavorizer bars which minimize flare ups and vaporize drippings into smoke to be absorbed by your food. The side shelves provide adequate prep space. The tool hooks and the enclosed cart allows you to store all your grilling accessories on hand. And the 3-inch casters let you move the grill to where the action is and store it away when not in use. While this Kenmore grill won’t be taking your grilling expertise to the next level, it’ll certainly ensure you deliver deliciously grilled food all the time, any time.
Monument Grills 4-Burner Propane Gas Grill
- 4 main burners and 1 side burner with a total output of 60,000 BTUs
- primary cooking space measures 513.3 square inches
- warming rack measures 210 square inches
- Enclosed cabinet
- built-in thermometer
- side shelves with tool holders
- four heavy duty casters that lock
Not everyone wants a shiny grill on the patio. Some backyard chefs prefer the sleek aesthetics of a black one. And the Monument Grills 4-Burner Propane Gas Grill definitely fits this bill. Its porcelain enamel coated body and lid is definitely an eye-catcher. Looks aside, this gas grill offers an excellent grilling experience whether your a newly minted backyard chef or a serious griller. The unit features 4 main burners and a side burner that are easy to start up due to the electric ignition system and provide even heating. More importantly, the burners are powerful enough to reach 500 degrees Fahrenheit in minutes. The porcelain-coated cast iron cooking grids are great at retaining heat and easy to clean. The grease pan encompasses the entire base of the grill. It catches all grease and food bits that fall through the grate. It also slides out easily to make cleaning it a breeze. The only drawback to this grill is the fact that it can be difficult to assemble due to a lack of instructions in the manual. But other than that, it’s a great value grill for those who are cost-conscious.
Char-Broil Performance 475
- 475 square inches of cooking space over porcelain-coated, cast iron grates
- 175 square inches provided by a swing-away rack
- 4 stainless steel top-ported burners that deliver 36,000 BTUs
- removable grease pan for easy cleaning
- electric ignition for fast and reliable startups
When it comes to innovatively designed gas grills, you won’t find any better than a Char-Broil grill. And the Char-Broil Performance 475 is no exception. This gas grill features four stainless steel top-ported burners that produce 36,000 BTUs. Stainless steel heat tents placed above the burners vaporize any drippings to enhance flavor and ensure even heat distribution. The 475-square inch cooking surface is provided by porcelain-coated cast iron grates which are rust-resistant, non-stick, and excellent at retaining heat. A 175-square inch swing-away warming rack is ideal for cooking sides or toasting bread. The metal side shelves provide ample work space which reduces the amount of time you spend running to the kitchen for stuff. And the two 7-inch wheels lets you, er, wheel the grill around where you need it. Two stationary legs do the opposite – keep the grill in place – so you won’t have to worry about the food running away from you. Fast, reliable startups and easy cleanup can also be expected when operating this grill. Yes, it’s hard to find great grills under $500. Fortunate for you and me, Char-Broil offers just Exactly what we’re looking for at an affordable price.
Camp Chef Flat Top Grill
- 501 square inches of cooking surface
- 4 stainless steel burners
- grease management system includes a drip pan and a drip bucket
- two large folding shelves
- matchless ignition system
- two wheels for convenient transport
- micro-adjust griddle levelers and adjustable leg levelers to keep the griddle surface stable when on uneven ground
Everybody loves going to the diner. It’s our home away from home, the source of delicious comfort food. If you and your family (as well as your neighbors) love home-style cooking, that doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy doing it outdoors. Which is where the Camp Chef Flat Top Grill comes in. This is a griddle-on-a-grill kind of unit where you get a huge griddle surface that measures 501 square inches – huge enough to cook all your favorites such as pancakes, bacon and eggs, sausages, and hash browns for your entire group. You can use the same griddle surface to cook a variety of other dishes like stir fry veggies, fried rice, kabobs, grilled seafood, chicken, burgers, hot dogs, and many more. The grill features 4 individual burners that heat specific areas on the griddle, enabling you to create different heat zones. The side shelves give you extra space to hold the loads of food you’re cooking. These also fold down to make the grill more compact for storage.
Royal Gourmet Event 8-Burner BBQ Propane Gas Grill
- 8 stainless steel tube burners, each producing 13,000 BTUs
- Supporting gas system which includes 2 sets of regulators for stable, even flame
- 950 square inches of cooking space
- 1/4-inch diameter porcelain wire cooking grates
- Hooks for LP tanks on both sides of the grill
- 2 removable grease drip pans
If you love feeding groups as large as an entire football team and then some, there’s no better grill for you than the Royal Gourmet Event 8-Burner BBQ Propane Gas Grill. It features 950 square inches of cooking space that can easily cook over 60 burgers at a time. The grill is designed to withstand high heat which means you don’t have to worry about paint peeling. The side tables feature an aluminum surface and fold down for compact storage. The integrated folding windscreen helps keep the fire burning even on windy days. For easy cleanup, the grill even comes with two large grease pans underneath the firebox. And to ensure a long lifespan, the manufacturer includes a 60-inch length waterproof cover to keep your grill safe and dry during bad weather.
Monument Grills Stainless Steel 4-Burner Gas Grill w/ Rotisserie
- 430 Stainless lid, door, & side shelves
- Silver powder-coated side, back, and base panels
- porcelain-coated cast iron cooking grids with 513.3 square inches of cooking space
- warming rack offers 210 square inches of cooking space
- pilotless ignition
- blue LED control knobs
- 4 locking nylon wheels
- rotisserie kit included
A full-size grill with a rotisserie for under $500? Yes, the Monument Grills Stainless Steel 4-Burner Gas Grill w/ Rotisserie is like a dream come true for those of us with a limited budget. Who says you have to settle for mediocre if you don’t have a deep pocket? This gas grill is proof positive that budget-friendly, good quality, and great performance can exist in one package. This rugged stainless steel features 4 304 stainless steel main burners as well as a side burner that’s perfect for cooking sides (fresh corn, anyone?). It can quickly heat up to 600 degrees Fahrenheit. You can easily grill, roast, and bake food on this baby. The cooking surface is quite large at 513.3 square inches provided by porcelain-coated cast iron cooking grids. Easy to start, easy to clean, even heat distribution, solid construction… everything you ever want in a grill without blowing a hole in your pocket.
Weber 57060001 Q3200 Liquid Propane Grill
Item is on SALE !!! 19% discount will save $100.99 (19%)
- Two stainless steel burners produces 21,700 BTU-per-hour to heat 393 square-inch total cooking area
- Porcelain-enameled cast-iron cooking grates and cast aluminum lid and body
- Grill-Out handle light. Battery type: AAA
- Easy-start electronic ignition and infinite control burner valve settings
- Operates on a 20 lb. LP tank (sold separately).Total cooking area (square inches):468.Warming rack area (square inches):75
- 3D interactive assembly instructions for this product are available through the free BILT app.
Weber 49010001 Spirit II E-310 Gas Grill NG Outdoor, Black
Item is on SALE !!! 17% discount will save $100.99 (17%)
- Natural gas grill with 10 year, 100 Percent Weber Guarantee, 10 foot flexible hose included ,Left table down width - 42 inches
- Boasts the Gs4 grilling system with improved infinity ignition, burners, porcelain-enameled Flavorizer Bars, and grease Management system
- Porcelain-enameled, cast iron cooking grates. Dimensions - lid closed (inches): 44.5H x 52W x 27D
- 529 Square inches of cooking space over three burners
- Open cart design with six tool hooks and two large wheels. Built-in lid thermometer
- This product is a Natural Gas unit and you must have Natural Gas plumbed out to your patio or deck to be able to use this grill; If you do not have Natural Gas plumbed, please look at our selection of Propane barbecues
Char-Broil Signature TRU-Infrared 420 3-Burner Cabinet Liquid Propane Gas Grill
- 420 square inches of primary cooking over porcelain-coated cast iron grates
- 155 square inch porcelain-coated warming rack, 13,000 BTU side burner
- Three top-ported 443 stainless steel tube burners for lasting performance and better temperature control
- Surefire Electronic ignition system offers a reliable spark at every burner
- Easily converts from liquid propane(lp) to natural gas(ng) with natural gas conversion kit (sold separately)
Char-Broil Oklahoma Joe's Charcoal/LP Gas/Smoker Combo
- 1,060 total square inch cooking surface
- 750 square inch primary cooking surface in main chamber over porcelain-coated cast iron grates. Number of grates: 6
- 310 square inch cooking surface in firebox chamber
- 3x 12,000 BTU Burners, (36,000 BTU's total) in gas grilling chamber
- 12,000 BTU side burner accommodates charcoal chimney starter
- Professional temperature gauge for accurate monitoring in both cooking chambers
- Firebox door with air damper for added convenience and easy clean-up
Char-Broil Gas2Coal 3-Burner Liquid Propane and Charcoal Hybrid Grill
- Quickly and easily converts from a gas grill to charcoal grill without tools.
- Enjoy the speed and convenience of grilling with gas. Get the signature flavors of cooking over charcoal. Do both on one grill.
- Durable stainless steel burners provide longevity and porcelain-coated cast-iron cooking grates are easy to clean.
- 40,000-BTU's spread across three main burners and one 12,000-BTU side burner.
- 540 square inch total cooking area- 420 square inch primary cooking area and 120 square inch warming rack.