Like any major kitchen appliance, a grill is an investment. A good propane gas grill should serve you for many years and be built using high quality materials like thick porcelain enameled steel or stainless steel. If a good gas grill is what you’re after, these propane gas grills under $300 fit the bill.
If what you look at in a propane gas grill are the BTUs, you will love The Blackstone 28-inch stainless-steel grill griddle. If what you look at is grilling space, it also takes the top spot. It has 448 square inches of grilling area and can cook anything from pancakes to quesadillas. Use it to make breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
My personal favorite is Char-Broil’s Signature Tru-Infrared Grill which comes with a 325-square-inch primary cooking area and a 120-square-inch rack for warming food. Its stainless-steel tube burners offer advanced temperature control while its folding side shelves offer room for food prep and ensure it takes up little space.
The grill that doesn’t break the bank is Dyna-Glo’s DGB390SNP-D. Many of its users speak highly of it and it’s easy to see why. It has a large cooking space (507 square inches), porcelain enameled cast iron grates, stainless-steel commercial-grade burners, and steel heat tents that ensure food is flavorful.
The Fuego Element F21C grill is perfect for those who have limited space. While it may be small in size, it has a 325-square-inch cooking surface and awesome features like push button electronic ignition, a built-in thermometer, and a residue tray.
Table of Contents
- Weber 54060001 Q2200 Liquid Propane Grill
- Napoleon Grills TQ285-RD-A Travelq 285 Portable Gas Grill
- Cuisinart CGG-7400 Full Size Gas Grill
- Char-Broil Performance 300 2-Burner Cabinet Gas Grill
- Char-Griller 3001 Grillin’ Pro
- Backyard Grill Dual Gas/Charcoal Grill
- RevoAce 4-Burner LP Gas Grill with Side Burner
- Master Cook Smart Space Living 3-Burner Gas Grill
- Dyna-glo 3-burner Smart Space Living Gas Grill
- Fuego Element F21C Carbon Steel Gas Grill LP
- Blackstone 28" Griddle Cooking Station with Wide Spatula Set
- Dyna-Glo DGB390SNP-D Smart Space Living 36,000 BTU 3-Burner LP Gas Grill
- Megamaster 720-0982 Propane Gas Grill, Black
- Char-Broil Signature TRU-Infrared 325 2-Burner Cabinet Liquid Propane Gas Grill
Weber 54060001 Q2200 Liquid Propane Grill
Looking for a gas grill to BBQ on the go? The Weber Q 2200 might just be what you need. This compact gas grill has a very modern design. The lid and base are constructed of cast aluminum while the cooking grates are made of porcelain-enameled cast iron for excellent heat retention and delicious sear marks. The glass-reinforced nylon frame ensures durability. Folding side tables provide you with a bit of prep space, in case you don’t have a table nearby. The removable catch pan is easy to clean. Best of all, the grill can accommodate a bunch of burgers and hotdogs at a time due to its more-than-adequate cooking space – all 280 square inches. The only drawback to this compact grill is the weight – 44 pounds. It won’t be easy to lug around if you’re taking it camping. But the food you’ll be cooking should make it worth your while.
- Total cooking area is 280 square inches which includes a warming rack
- 12,000 BTU stainless steel burner
- two folding side shelves
- glass-reinforced nylon frame
- built-in lid thermometer
- cast aluminum lid and body
Napoleon Grills TQ285-RD-A Travelq 285 Portable Gas Grill
Not everyone can splurge on a Weber. Fortunately, there is a portable grill that costs less but is equal in quality and performance. The TravelQ 285 features a powder-coated steel body, a porcelain-coated cast iron cooking grate that provides 285 square inches of cooking space, the Jetfire ignition system, and two stainless steel burner with a total output of 12,000 BTUs. The large capacity of this grill allows you to feed more than just a handful of people; it can cook up to 16 burgers at a time! Folding legs allow you to make the grill compact for transport and storage. And the locking mechanism ensures the grill stays shut while you carry it from point A to point B and back again. At only 20 pounds, you won’t be breaking a sweat taking this with you on your next outdoor adventure.
- 285 square inches of cooking space (total)
- two, individually controlled burners with a total output of 12,000 BTUs.
- cast aluminum lid and body
- locking mechanism on the handle
- folding legs
- removable grease tray
Cuisinart CGG-7400 Full Size Gas Grill
While Cuisinart is a household name, it is more often associated with appliances you see inside the kitchen. Certainly not a full-sized grill. That being said, they certainly made sure they’re a contender in this market with the Cuisinart CGG-7400 Full Size Gas Grill. This unit features a generous cooking space over a cast iron cooking grate that retains heat well and helps heat get distributed more evenly. The four stainless steel burners are independently controlled, allowing you to create different heat zones for versatile cooking. With solid stainless steel construction, this grill is guaranteed to last throughout different seasons. In addition, the heavy duty cart features wheels that enable you to store the grill when not needed. And just in case you need one, there’s a built-in bottle opener on the grill too.
- 4 main burners with an output of 11,000 BTUs each
- 443 square inches of primary cooking space provided by the heavy duty cast iron cooking grates
- 167 square inches of secondary cooking space provided by the warming rack
- two side tables that give you extra storage and prep space.
- stainless steel lid and control panel
Char-Broil Performance 300 2-Burner Cabinet Gas Grill
Innovative gas grills are the domain of Char-Broil so it’s really not surprising that the Performance 300 2-Burner Gas Grill is one of our most recommended “bang for your buck” buys. While it’s not large enough to feed guests, it is the perfect size for people who want a reliable grill that cooks for one or two. It features 2 stainless steel burners that deliver 12,000 BTUs each. The porcelain-coated cast iron cooking grates offers 300 square inches of cooking space, enough to cook a full meal for two at a time. Two metal side shelves give you plenty of space to put your grilling accessories, condiments, or drinks.The cabinet beneath the grill keeps your LP tank out of sight but easy enough to access when needed. And 4 casters let you maneuver the grill around to where you want the action to happen.
- two stainless steel burners with a total output of 24,000 BTUs
- porcelain-coated cast iron cooking grates
- 300 square inches of cooking space
- metal side shelves for extra storage space
- 4 casters for moving the grill around
Char-Griller 3001 Grillin’ Pro
What do you get if you combine the convenience and power of a gas grill with the barrel design of a charcoal grill? This unconventional pairing is what makes the Char-Griller 3001 Grillin’ Pro one of the best small-sized gas grills we’ve ever come across. The barrel-shaped design allows for even heat distribution. It also provides adequate space for indirect cooking, especially since all burners are individually controlled. The heavy steel body of the grill combined with the porcelain-coated cast iron cooking grates enables the grill to reach high temps quickly and maintain it. There’s even a side burner so you can cook your side dishes, soups, and sauces while the meat cooks. For the price, this is one grill that’s well worth the cost.
- 438 square inches of primary cooking space and a 192 square inch warming rack
- three 13,600 BTU stainless steel burners and a 12,000 BTU side burner with a flush mounted lid
- electronic ignition
- Barrel-shaped, heavy steel body and lid with powder-coated finish
- porcelain-coated cast iron grates
Backyard Grill Dual Gas/Charcoal Grill
Can’t decide between a gas or charcoal grill? Then why don’t you get one of both? The Backyard Grill Dual Gas/Charcoal Grill is a great option because you get both types of grills in one package at an affordable price. The gas side of the grill features 3 stainless steel burners that produce a total of 24,000 BTUs, 295 square inches of primary cooking space, and a warming rack that offers 99 square inches. The charcoal side, on the other hand, is a but smaller with only 262 square inches of primary cooking space and 89 square inches from the warming rack. It also features a charcoal tray that can be adjusted nearer or farther to the grates for more precise temperature control. The beauty of this design, other than allowing you to enjoy both types of grilling is that you can opt to only use one side or both whenever the need arises. Just make sure you have enough space to fit this grill in your backyard.
- three stainless steel burners with a total output of 24,000 BTUs
- a 12,000 BTU side burner
- 262 square inches of primary cooking space + 89 square inches from the warming rack on the charcoal side
- 295 square inches of primary cooking space + 99 square inches from the warming rack on the gas side
- the charcoal tray features a height adjustment system to help control the heat delivered to the meat
RevoAce 4-Burner LP Gas Grill with Side Burner
Not all full-sized grills that provide you with great value come from well-known brands. This gas grill from RevoAce is proof of that. This baby fires up fast and heats the cooking surface evenly. The grates along with the lid can hold the heat well and helps maintain your desired temperature. Controlling the temperature is quite easy with this grill. Aside from ease of use, the RevoAce 4-burner Gas Grill is also quite easy to clean. In addition, you get a side burner for cooking sides and sauces. You also get side shelves to keep your grilling accessories on hand. No need to run around getting stuff from the kitchen when you’ve got this grill in yoir backyard.
- four 12,000 BTU burners
- a side burner with a flush-mounted lid
- 480 square inches of primary cooking space
- porcelain coated cast iron cooking grates
- 180 square inches from the warming rack
- stainless steel lid with aluminized steel liner and black steel endcaps
Master Cook Smart Space Living 3-Burner Gas Grill
Your small patio doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy the benefits of full-size grilling. With the Master Cook Smart Space Living 3-Burner Gas Grill, you get enough space to cook for your family without sacrificing performance. The grill comes with 3 main burners with a max total output of 30,000 BTUs. The porcelain-enameled wire cooking grates retain heat well and can cook up to 9 burgers at a time. The presence of a warming rack allows you to cook veggies and other sides simultaneously so everything is served warm. Metal side shelves let you keep all your grilling necessities nearby. But you can also fold them to make the grill compact for storage. The only thing we didn’t like was the grease pan. But at this price point, you already got your money’s worth several times over.
- 340 square inches of primary cooking space
- 3 main burners that deliver 10,000 BTUs each
- collapsible side tables for compact storage
- Porcelain-enameled wire cooking grates
- piezoelectric ignition system
- two 6-inch wheels and two fixed legs
Dyna-glo 3-burner Smart Space Living Gas Grill
Not everyone has the space to accommodate a full-sized grill at home. But that doesn’t mean you should do without. The Dyna-Glo 3-burner Smart Space Living Gas Grill combines full-sized grilling and a compact design. The Dyna-Power cooking system includes three stainless steel burners with a total output of 36,000 BTUs housed in a porcelain enameled firebox. Three steel heat tents protect the burners while enhancing the flavor of the food and ensuring even heat distribution. The cast iron grates are excellent at retaining heat while the porcelain-enameled finish transfers the heat directly to the food and makes cleaning the grill so much easier. The grill offers 390 square inches of primary cooking space and a warming rack that provides 117 square inches of cooking space. Big enough to feed a large family, wouldn’t you say? As for space saving, the grill comes with collapsible side tables that minimize the footprint of the grill when not in use. So, the next time you think you don’t have enough space to cook on a full-sized grill, think again. Dyna-Glo has just the grill for you.
- 2 heavy duty cast iron grates with a porcelain-enamel finish
- 390 square inches of primary cooking space
- 117 square inches of secondary cooking space
- three stainless steel commercial grade straight burners
- three steel heat tents for even heat distribution and vaporizing drippings
- double-walled stainless steel lid
- collapsible side shelves with integrated towel bar and tool hooks
- Chrome-plated, infinite setting control valves
Fuego Element F21C Carbon Steel Gas Grill LP
- Designed in California by former Apple Chief Designer Robert Brunner and winner of Vesta's Best Gas BBQ & Spark Design Award
- Reaching temps of 500F in just 5 mins & up to 650F with a 15lb porcelain-enamel cast iron grate that provides massive heat sink for amazing sear marks
- Compact 21” x 21" footprint perfect for small patio/balcony and 346 sq. in. cooking surface with ability to grill 12 quarter-pound (4 1/2" Dia.) burgers
- Featuring push button electronic ignition, hinged tank storage access door, easy roll mobility, built-in lid thermometer & easy clean residue tray
- Assembly time of less than 30 mins with the use of only 14 screws and 21,000 BTU/hr. burner system good for up to 50 (20 minute) cooking cycles
Blackstone 28" Griddle Cooking Station with Wide Spatula Set
- Easy to assemble and a breeze to use; Blackstone griddle cooking station with a quick ignition button
- Generous 28" x 16" cooking surface for pancakes, eggs, hot dogs, vegetables, hamburgers and more
- Griddle top is easily removable for convenient cleaning; The sturdy steel frame is powder coated for strength and to last
- Blackstone 28" Griddle Cooking Station
- 3-Piece Wide Spatula Set
Dyna-Glo DGB390SNP-D Smart Space Living 36,000 BTU 3-Burner LP Gas Grill
- Easy push button electronic pulse ignition system ensures quick start-up; 390 sq in of primary cooking space; 507 sq in of total cooking space.
- (2) Heavy gauge porcelain enameled cast iron cooking grates retain heat to sear foods and lock in foods natural juices
- (3) Stainless steel commercial grade straight burners for performance and durability (3) Steel Heat tents protect the burners and flavor foods
- Infinite control valve options provide flexibility and the best grilling performance and experience
- Double wall stainless steel lid assembly to retain heat includes temperature gauge; Side shelves with integrated towel bar and tool hooks
- Protect your grill with a custom fit Dyna-Glo premium cover, Model # DG300C (sold separately)
Megamaster 720-0982 Propane Gas Grill, Black
Item is on SALE !!! 29% discount will save $88.00 (29%)
- Total 50, 000 BTU
- Primary cooking area: 474 sq. Inches
- Warming rack: 182 sq. Inches
- Electronic ignition
Char-Broil Signature TRU-Infrared 325 2-Burner Cabinet Liquid Propane Gas Grill
- 325 square inches of primary cooking over porcelain-coated cast iron grates
- 120 square inch porcelain-coated swing-a-way rack for warming
- Two top-ported 443 stainless steel tube burners for lasting performance and better temperature control
- Surefire Electronic ignition system offers a reliable spark at every burner
- Folding side shelves for added workspace and easy storage
- Easily converts from liquid propane(lp) to natural gas(ng) with natural gas conversion kit (sold separately)
- Main Burner BTU is 18000