No question about it, buying a gas grill can be overwhelming. As a matter of fact, the whole process can be pretty confusing – especially when you see talk of BTUs, rotisserie burners, infrared burners, and many other things you’ve never heard of, but it doesn’t have to be. To determine how good a propane gas grill is, some of the things I usually look at are its material, BTUs, total cooking area, and price. While stainless steel is an industry standard, there are some grills that aren’t made with this durable material. It’s a good thing to see that all the grills listed here use stainless steel in their cooking areas.
We love the Broil King Regal S440 Grill as it has the most BTUs. It delivers up to 60,000 BTUs on its dual-tube burners and side-burner. When it comes to cooking space, it takes the lead again with its 695 square inches. If an affordable grill is what you’re after, the Camp Chef Flat Top Grill is a perfect fit as it has an excellent price point also you can browse some propane grills under $200, $300 or $500. My personal favorite is the Weber Genesis Liquid Propane Grill it truly deserved to labeled as the Best propane gas grill under $1000. It was introduced in 2017 by Weber and has all the awesome features I look for in a grill: a large cooking space (646 square inches and an additional 198 square inches on the overhead warming rack), a superior grilling system, high-performance burners, and stainless-steel side workspaces. It is backed by a 10-year warranty, so you can be sure you’re buying an awesome grill.
Table of Contents
- Napoleon Triumph 495 Review
- Weber Genesis II E-330 Review
- Napoleon Rogue 425 Review
- Pit Boss Grills 75204 PB4GRT Review
- Royal Gourmet Mirage MG6001-R Review
- Pit Boss Memphis Ultimate Review
- Broil King 922187 Baron 490 Review
- Weber 62010001 Genesis II E-410 Liquid Propane Grill, Black
- Broil King Regal S440 Pro - Stainless Steel - 4 Burner Propane Gas Grill
- Napoleon Grills Built-in Lex 485 Propane Gas Grill
- Camp Chef, Best Professional Restaurant Grade Cooking Flat Tog Grill with Grilling Surface and Side Shelves FT600
- Solaire Anywhere Portable Infrared Propane Gas Grill, Marine Grade Stainless Steel
Napoleon Triumph 495 Review
Napoleon’s Triumph Series 495 Gas Grill is the perfect choice for backyard cooks who want a lot of bang for their buck. This baby comes with 4 burners plus a side burner that have a maximum total output of 57,000 BTUs that can cook all the foods that your stomach desires – steaks, burgers, chicken, fish, veggies, hot dogs, etc. And with the 665 square inches of cooking space, you can easily feed an entire football team after the game.
This grill is made of durable stainless steel including the burners and sear plates. Of course, the grates are made of porcelain zed cast iron with a wave design for enhanced heat retention. You get side shelves for extra prep space, a bottle opener to help you keep those drinks coming as you cook for the horde, and tool hooks to keep your tongs and other grill accessories handy.
- 4 stainless steel burners plus a side burner that deliver up to 57,000 BTUs.
- 665 square inches of total cooking space
- Porcelain cast iron wave cooking grids for excellent heat retention and even heat distribution.
- Folding side shelves provide extra work space while the locking casters enable you to move the grill and store it away during the off season.
Weber Genesis II E-330 Review
With the Weber Genesis II E-330, you get a top-quality gas grill that will last you for a lifetime. You can rest easy because this grill comes with a 10-year warranty and 100% Weber guarantee. And that’s not all. The Genesis II E-330 features the GS4 High Performance Grilling System. This innovative grilling system makes cooking for family and friends easy even for newly minted backyard chefs. The Infinity Ignition ensures the grill lights up every time you need it. The burners and the flavorizer bars creates even heat distribution and enhances the flavor of your food. Then there’s the grease management system that helps reduce any flareups. Everything you ever wanted in a grill plus a number of features you never even knew you were looking for.
- Porcelain-enameled lid for excellent heat retention.
- Porcelain-enameled, cast iron cooking grates for even heat distribution and superior heat retention.
- A sear station that creates an intense heat zone for quickly adding sear marks to your meat.
- An easy-to-read fuel gauge so you never have to accidentally run out of fuel when cooking.
- Open cart design for easy access to grilling accessories.
Napoleon Rogue 425 Review
You’ll never have a problem creating delicious meals for your friends and family with the Napoleon Rogue 425. This mid-sized grill comes with three main stainless steel burners plus a highly efficient Infrared Sizzle Zone side burner that deliver a total of 45,000 BTUs. You can easily cook a variety of foods, sides, and sauces simultaneously so you spend less time cooking and more time eating. Dual level sear plates enhance the flavor of your food and prevent flareups. You get a convenient condiment rack for easy access, stainless steel wave rod grids for non-stick cooking, and a Jetfire ignition system so you can light up the grill whenever you have a hankering for a tasty meal. That’s not all. The Napoleon Rogue has a unique feature that makes it ideal for those who lack the space for a full-sized grill. The side shelves are removable so you can fit the grill wherever you need it to and save storage space. The beauty of going with a Napoleon grill like this one is that you can use any of the grill accessories offered by the manufacturer such as the cast iron charcoal basket which transforms your gas grill into a charcoal one.
- Three 12,000 BTU stainless steel burners plus an infrared side burner that produce a total of 45,000 BTUs of power.
- 425 square inches of primary grilling space and a total cooking area of 625 square inches.
- The lid features double-walled stainless steel construction and cast aluminum end caps for retaining and holding in heat.
- Detachable condiment basket for extra storage can be placed on either side of the grill.
- Thin, stainless steel rods for excellent heat transmission.
Pit Boss Grills 75204 PB4GRT Review
Grill like a pit boss with this stainless steel 4-burner gas grill from Pit Boss. The PB4GRT is an excellent option for dads who want a one-stop outdoor kitchen to feed their mid-sized family whenever he has a hankering for some good ole barbecue. The grill features 578 square inches of cooking space which includes a warming rack. You can easily cook a variety of meals using the 4 stainless steel burners that each have an output of 12,000 BTUs. The 13,500 BTU side burner on the other hand, allows you to sear your favorite steak, toast some garlic bread, or saute your favorite veggies. For the price, you get a nice, shiny grill that is easy to assemble, cooks like a dream, and comes with loads of storage space behind magnetic doors.
- 4 stainless steel burners with an output of 12,000 BTUs each and a 13,500 BTU side burner.
- 578 square inches of cooking space, enough to feed a group of 6 to 8 individuals.
- Lower storage cabinet with magnetic doors for easy access to grilling accessories.
- 201 stainless steel grates for excellent heat transfer.
- Electronic igniter for fast startup and built-in thermometer for monitoring your meat under the hood.
Royal Gourmet Mirage MG6001-R Review
Cooking for a big group or a small one won’t be a problem with the Royal Gourmet Mirage MG6001-R. This grill features a split lid that separates the cooking space into two – a 700 square inch cooking area with a warming rack and a 260 square inch cooking space. Need to feed a horde? No problem! Just fire up the burners in the large firebox or even both fireboxes. Just you and your partner? Keep the big lid closed and fire up the burners in the smaller firebox so you don’t feel as if you’re wasting cooking space. Even better, cook a variety of foods all at the same time. Just think of the possibilities!
Both lids are made of heavy duty stainless steel with cast aluminum end caps for excellent heat retention. You also get separate porcelain enamel coated fireboxes for better heat preservation. The side tables are amade of stainless steel and feature hooks for your grilling tools. The porcelain cast iron cooking grates feature a slope design for trapping oil to produce better flavor. And then there’s the slightly grooved drip tray channels for efficient grease management. If you really want to get more than your money’s worth from a grill, you can’t go wrong with this one.
- Two separate fireboxes for versatile cooking; one with 700 square inches of cooking space and the other has 260 square inches of cooking space.
- 6 main stainless steel tube burners, a brass side burner, and an infrared rear burner that produce a total output of 96,000 BTUs.
- Stainless steel drip trays that easily pull out for easy cleanup.
- Generous storage space within the enclosed stainless steel cabinet.
- Four flexible casters with a brake system for safe movement and flexibility.
Pit Boss Memphis Ultimate Review
Serious grillers will salivate when they see the Pit Boss Memphis Ultimate 4-in-1 Grill Combo. This baby is not just a gas grill but also a charcoal grill and a smoker. Everything you want your grill to be capable of doing, this baby can deliver. With this grill, you get a total cooking space of 2,167 square inches – 1,327 square inches of grilling space and 840 square inches of smoking surface. The gas grill portion features 3 burners that deliver 36,000 BTUs. The smoker features 3 racks which easily fit your pork shoulders and beef briskets. The charcoal grill, on the other hand, features a charcoal tray that has a 6-position grade adjustment, a front air intake, and a rear chimney exhaust. To make this grill even better, the smoker is connected to the griller which enables you to channel all that flavorful smoke to your meats on the grill. Other highlights include 2 drawers for storage, side shelves which provide extra workspace, and locking caster wheels for easy movement.
- A total of 2,100 square inches of cooking space.
- A 3-burner gas grill with a total output of 36,000 BTUs, a charcoal grill with an adjustable tray, and a 3-rack smoker.
- Side shelves provide extra prep space while the tool hooks lets you keep your grilling accessories handy.
- Cast iron cooking grates for excellent heat distribution.
Broil King 922187 Baron 490 Review
Impress your family and friends with the different delicious meals you can create using the Broil King Baron 490. This gas grill features stainless steel Dual-Tube burners and the innovative Flab-R-Wave stainless Steel cooking system for juicy and tender results each and every time. The 15,000 BTU rear rotisserie burner as well as the premium rotisserie kit lets you enjoy deliciously roasted chicken while the 10,000 BTU side burner allows you to cook side dishes and sauces to complement your meal. The cooking grids are made of heavy duty cast iron for exceptional heat retention. These also feature a V-channel design when flipped over so you can baste your meats in their juices if you prefer. Folding shelves and 4 locking casters make the unit easy to store. Best of all, this grill is made in North America and comes with a lifetime cookbox warranty along with a 10-year burner warranty.
- Stainless steel Dual-Tube burners and the Flab-R-Wave stainless Steel cooking system ensure a delicious grilling experience every single time.
- Heavy duty cast iron cooking grids provide exceptional heat retention while the reverse side features a V-channel design for basting foods in their own juices.
- A rotisserie burner along with a rotisserie kit for added cooking flexibility.
Weber 62010001 Genesis II E-410 Liquid Propane Grill, Black
- GS4 Grilling System includes four high performance stainless steel burners with porcelain enameled Flavorizer bars and new Grease Management System reduces risk of dangerous flare-ups and makes grease removal easy
- Porcelain enameled cast iron cooking grates provide 646 square inches of cooking space with 198 square inch Tuck-Away warming rack overhead
- Infinity Ignition ensures that by turning the knob, the gas will ignite and start each burner with ease, and is backed by a generous warranty and serves 8 to 10 people
- Stainless steel side prep workspaces feature integrated hanging storage hooks for your barbecue tools and Assembled Depth-31 inch,Assembled Width- 61 inch,Assembled Height-61 inch.
- Dimensions - lid closed (inches): 45H x 61W x 29D. 10 year, 100 Percent Weber Guarantee ; Battery type :AA
- 3D interactive assembly instructions for this product are available through the free BILT app.
Broil King Regal S440 Pro - Stainless Steel - 4 Burner Propane Gas Grill
- 4 stainless steel Dual-Tube burners deliver up to 50,000 BTU output; 10,000 BTU Side Burner;
- 500 sq in primary cooking surface featuring solid stainless steel 9mm rod cooking grids
- Stainless steel Flav-R-Wave cooking system delivers even heat distribution; Linear-Flow burner valves allow for precise temperature control; Sure-Lite electronic ignition easily ignites the grill
- Stainless steel side shelves and enclosed cabinet base provide work space and storage for grilling essentials. Illuminated control knobs create a stylish look and are functional after sunset.
- Proudly Made in North America - Limited Lifetime Warranty
Napoleon Grills Built-in Lex 485 Propane Gas Grill
- Propane gas grill with stainless steel construction and chrome accents
- Heavy duty stainless steel "Wave" grill grates with sear plates
- (3) 16,000 BTU grill burners with Jet-Fire ignition and LED backlighting
- 675 square inches total cooking surface; Accurately gauges the temperature of your grill for optimal temperature control when BBQing.
- Dimensions: 29.75L x 21.5W x 7.5H in.
Camp Chef, Best Professional Restaurant Grade Cooking Flat Tog Grill with Grilling Surface and Side Shelves FT600
- Includes huge interchangeable flat top griddle 20.5" x 31"
- Griddle surface: 604 sq. in - Grilling surface: 501 sq. in
- Four 12,000 BTU stainless steel burners with Matchless Ignition
- Two large folding shelves
- Overall Unit Dimensions: 62.5" 37" x 22" Weight: 142 lbs.
Solaire Anywhere Portable Infrared Propane Gas Grill, Marine Grade Stainless Steel
- Portable infrared grill with electronic push-button ignition; uses 1 pound propane cylnders (larger tank with optional adapter)
- 155 square inches of grilling space (fits eight 4-inch hamburgers); 14,000 BTU/hour; 61.1 Infrared Intensity Index
- Stainless steel (marine grade) welded construction; bottom rails accept a variety of Solaire accessory mounts
- V-shape stainless steel grilling grids increase flavor while reducing flare-ups; includes carrying bag
- With lid down, grill measures 21 wide by 13 deep by 12 inches high; shipping weight 27 pounds; one year limited warranty