Outdoor grilling may be an American pastime, but truth be told, grilling can be messy. As you place food on your hot grill, fats and juices can splatter. A grill press can prevent this from happening. It ensures food is evenly cooked and prevents thin cuts of meat from coiling while cooking. Since every grilling aficionado needs a grill press, I’ve made it my job to pick the best grill press to ease your choice.
Most grilling fans love Cuisinart’s CSBP-100 Stuffed Burger Press – and so do I. The dishwasher-safe, three-in-one burger press can make regular burgers, stuffed burgers, and sliders. It is the most reasonably-priced grill press on my list.
I also like the Cast Iron Round Grill Press by Lodge. “Why?” You may ask. For starters, it measures 7.5 inches and can do much more than Cuisinart’s grill press. It quickly flattens bacon and squeezes fats from meats. To start using it, all you need to do is season it with vegetable oil.
The other grills on this list also stand out from the others out there. Cuisinart’s CGPR-221 grill press is made of cast iron and comes with a useful wood handle that doesn’t get hot. It gets rid of extra fat from meat and gives it amazing grill marks.
Outset’s Grill Press, the Q112 Round Grill Press, is also made of cast iron and features a wood handle for a safe grip. It ensures your meats cook well by giving them even heat. Last, but definitely not least, is the cast iron grill press by +Steel. It has the largest surface area of them all – 8.65 inches – and a unique coiled handle that stays cool as you grill.
Table of Contents
|Product name||Rating||Price||Discount||History||Size||Made by|
|Outset Q112 Round Grill Press, Cast Iron||$15.00||BUY NOW||8 x 8 x 4.5 inches||Outset|
|+Iron Cast Iron Grill Press, Rectangular Pre-Seasoned||$28.99||BUY NOW||9.29 x 5.59 x 3.9 inches||+Steel|
|Cuisinart CSBP-100 3-in-1 Stuffed Burger Press||$10.86||28% OFFBUY NOW||5 x 5 x 2 inches||The Fulham Group|
|Cuisinart CGPR-221 Cast Iron Grill Press||$19.99||BUY NOW||8.75 x 4.4 x 3.5 inches||The Fulham Group|
|Lodge LGPR3 Cast Iron Round Grill Press, Pre-Seasoned, 7.5-inch||$20.99||8% OFFBUY NOW||10 x 12.25 x 7.75 inches||Lodge|
Outset Q112 Round Grill Press, Cast Iron
- 8 inch diameter
- Made of cast iron for easy pressing out of unwanted fats
- Thick grooves produce mouthwatering grill marks
- Features a stay-cool handle for a safe grip
- Cooks both sides of meat with even heat
+Iron Cast Iron Grill Press, Rectangular Pre-Seasoned
- Pre- Seasoned Cast Iron - +Iron Cast Iron Grill Presses are pre-seasoned for convenience and better non-stick performance.
- Rectangular Press - Perfect for pressing bacon or meats for a more even cooking performance.
- Coiled Handle - Safe to touch handle during cooktop or grill use
- Use & Care - To clean use warm water and a sponge, for stuck on foods use coarse salt along with warm water and a sponge.
- Size - The +Iron Grill Press measures 8.65 inches long and 5.3 inches wide, weighing 2.75lbs
To season your cast iron grill press remove the handle screws and handle, pre-heat the oven to 300 degrees. Place the grill press in the oven for 10 minutes and then remove. Then with a towel or cloth
coat the grill press with oil, you can use various different types depending on your personal preference. Place the grill press back into the oven for another 10 minutes
and then remove and wipe away any excess oil before placing the grill press back in the oven upside down for another 30 minutes. (Recommended to place tin foil
under the grill press to catch any drips of oil). After that let the grill press cool and wipe any excess oil from the grill press. Repeat the process from time
to time to maintain a strong non-stick seasoning.
To clean your cast iron grill press it is recommended not to use soap after the initial wash since it can remove the seasoning of your grill press. Its recommended
to use hot water and a sponge or stiff brush and always dry after cleaning. For stuck on food scrub with coarse kosher salt and water and then dry after.
Never place your grill press in the dishwasher.
Cuisinart CSBP-100 3-in-1 Stuffed Burger Press
Item is on SALE !!! 28% discount will save $4.13
- Ultimate 3-in-1 burger making tool
- Makes stuffed burgers, sliders, and regular burgers
- Dishwasher safe
- Non-stick coating
Cuisinart CGPR-221 Cast Iron Grill Press
- Durable cast iron press weights 2.8-pound
- Comfortable wood handle
- Press unwanted excess fat from meats
- Add incredible grill marks
- Make delicious homemade paninis right on the grill
Lodge LGPR3 Cast Iron Round Grill Press, Pre-Seasoned, 7.5-inch
Item is on SALE !!! 8% discount will save $1.89
- Round cast-iron grill press for squeezing fat from meats or flattening bacon
- Preseasoned with vegetable oil and ready for immediate use
- Heavy-duty cast-iron base and "cool grip" spiral handle
- Cleans easily; hand wash only
- Measures 7.5 inches in diameter