If you’ve decided to join the legions of loyal charcoal grill fans, consider getting a charcoal grill under $500. It gives you the most bang for your buck compared to equally-priced gas grills. While charcoal grills under $500 are packed with features, they are simple in construction and design and are less prone to mechanical failure. Most grilling enthusiasts agree that no other heat source can infuse your meat with that unique, smoky flavor as hot coals will.
The Weber Performer Deluxe hits all the right notes with grilling fans. You’ll love how its electronic Touch-N-Go gas ignition system simplifies charcoal lighting. No more matches or smelly lighter fluid – just push the button and voila! Add this to Weber’s excellence in construction and attentive after-sales service, and I have a clear winner.
The hybrid Char-Griller Duo gives you the best of both worlds. Designed to use both gas and charcoal, you can sear your meat on the ultra-hot charcoal side for that complex, unique flavor and use the gas side for warming. Another king of grilling is the Char-Griller 6520 Kamado grill. The energy-efficiency you get from this grill is unmatched.
Kamado grills are well insulated and are versatile. Get the Char-Griller 16620 Akorn for the juiciest, slow-cooked meat. It is also the most affordable grill on this list. The Royal Gourmet 3-Burner Grill has stainless steel burners with a 25,500 BTU capacity. This grill’s massive 760 square inches of cooking space is only surpassed by that of its hybrid counterpart, the Char-Griller Duo.
Table of Contents
- Weber 15501001 Performer Deluxe Charcoal Grill, 22-Inch, Black
- Char-Griller 5050 Duo Gas-and-Charcoal Grill
- Char-Griller 6520 Akorn Kamado Kooker Charcoal Grill with Cart - Grey
- Char-Griller 16620 Akorn Kamado Kooker Charcoal Barbecue Grill and Smoker, Black
- Royal Gourmet 3-Burner Gas Grill and Charcoal Grill Combo (Stainless Steel)
|Weber 15501001 Performer Deluxe Charcoal Grill, 22-Inch, Black||$439.00||20% OFFBUY NOW||x x||Weber|
|Char-Griller 5050 Duo Gas-and-Charcoal Grill||$616.94||28% OFFBUY NOW||x x||Char-Griller|
|Char-Griller 6520 Akorn Kamado Kooker Charcoal Grill with Cart - Grey|
|--||BUY NOW||x x||Char-Griller|
|Char-Griller 16620 Akorn Kamado Kooker Charcoal Barbecue Grill and Smoker, Black|
|$299.00||12% OFFBUY NOW||x x||Char-Griller|
|Royal Gourmet 3-Burner Gas Grill and Charcoal Grill Combo (Stainless Steel)||$300.02||14% OFFBUY NOW||x x||Royal Gourmet Corp|
Weber 15501001 Performer Deluxe Charcoal Grill, 22-Inch, Black
Item is on SALE !!! 20% discount will save $110.99 (20%)
- Electronic Touch-N-Go with Propane Gas powered ignition system (propane tank not included)
- Dimensions - Lid Closed: 43.5"H x 48"W x 30"D | Weight: 91 lbs
- 22-inch diameter porcelain-enameled bowl and lid with a cooking area of 363 square inch
- Aluminized steel One-Touch cleaning system with removable, high-capacity, aluminum ash catcher
- Removable LCD cook timer and built-in lid thermometer
- 3D interactive assembly instructions for this product are available through the free BILT app.
Char-Griller 5050 Duo Gas-and-Charcoal Grill
Item is on SALE !!! 28% discount will save $237.79 (28%)
- Charcoal and gas grill combo with 1260 square inches of cooking space
- 40,800 BTU gas grill with electronic ignition and 3 burners, 12,000 BTU side burner
- Adjustable grate height for temperature control; chrome-plated warming rack
- Stainless-steel heat gauge; porcelain-coated cast-iron grates; easy-dump ash pan
- Measures 60" X 25" X 50"
Char-Griller 6520 Akorn Kamado Kooker Charcoal Grill with Cart - Grey
- Insulated design means more heat uses less charcoal and less airflow means insulated heat for juicy meat
- 314 Square inches of primary cooking space
- Tubular steel cart construction, 26" X 26" Of prep/serving space
- Dual adjustable dampers for maintaining specific temperatures
- Cast iron cooking grates enhance flavors and heat evenly
Char-Griller 16620 Akorn Kamado Kooker Charcoal Barbecue Grill and Smoker, Black
Item is on SALE !!! 12% discount will save $39.00 (12%)
- 314 square inches of primary cooking space, warming rack 133 square inches for a total of 447 square inches
- Assembled Dimensions: 45" L x 31" W x 47" H | Weight: 97.0 lb
- Insulated design means more heat uses less charcoal and less airflow means insulated heat for juicy meat and folding side shelves
- Cooking surface is cast iron, Body is constructed of 22 gauge steel, Exterior finish is powder coated steel, Interior finish is porcelain coated steel
- Cart is constructed of tubular steel w/rubber wheels, locking caster on front, Indexed damper is numbered so you can note the position of the damper
- Features Locking Lid, 2 folding black metal shelves, Easy dump ash pan, Double wall insulation, Heat gauge
Royal Gourmet 3-Burner Gas Grill and Charcoal Grill Combo (Stainless Steel)
Item is on SALE !!! 14% discount will save $50.17 (14%)
- Total 742 Square inches bring sufficient cooking space, gas and charcoal grill combo comes with a heavy duty structure; unfolding side tables on both sides give additional working space
- 3 Stainless Steel burners are made to last, with 27, 000 BTU output which makes CONTRIBUTION to even cooking; a slide-out ash pan under the charcoal grill side offers easy clean-up
- The firebox is made of organic silicone material, tolerant of 600 Degree High heat; The combination of 2 casters and 2 wheels realizes convenient movement meanwhile provides a sturdy foundation for grilling
- Constructed of double-layer Stainless Steel and featured with built-in thermometer, The grill lids perform perfectly in heat resistance and can help maintain the heat well
- Charcoal grill side provides height-adjustable charcoal pan and the air vents, 2 on the lid top and 1 at The front, allowing for the easy control of temperature
- Power Source Type: Dual Fuel
- Left primary cooking area: 17.6’’ x 16.4’’=288.3 sq. in. Left warming rack area: 17.8’’ x 4.6’’=82.7 sq. in. Right primary cooking area: 17.6’’ x 16.4’’=288.3 sq. in. Right warming rack area: 17.8’’ x 4.6’’=82.7 sq. in.