De’Longhi is an Italian manufacturer of small domestic appliances for the kitchen and the home as well as commercial HVACR systems. The brand is well-known for their product designs, having won awards and recognition worldwide. Part of their kitchen appliances is a line of indoor grills.
Delonghi BG24 Perfecto Indoor Grill
This indoor electric grill is one of the best in the market. It’s also quite uniquely designed. Unlike other indoor grills at this price point, the Perfecto Indoor grill doesn’t have a metal lid or hood. Instead, you get a tempered glass lid that is entirely separate from the body of the grill. Also unlike most indoor grills these days, the non-stick grill plate is not removable. Instead, it is made with a fully embedded heating element. And because the plate Moreover, the grill plate is also quite different. It is designed to be similar to a traditional grill grate rather than a plate. With the design of the grill, the grease falls down into a large non-stick drip tray located below the cooking surface.
Another notable feature of the Perfecto Indoor grill is a detachable, adjustable thermostat that has five settings (low to high, no actual temperature shown). In addition, the grill has an indicator light that lets you know when it is on and heating up. One last feature to take note of is the non-stick splatter shield placed around the edge of the grill to prevent the grease from .
- Easy to clean drip tray
- lid allows you to see your meat while its cooking and prevents grease from splattering
- lid also helps retain heat, keeping meat moist and tender while cooking or the food warm after the
- easy to clean (glass grill cover and the drip pan are dishwasher-safe, the grill plate can easily be wiped down with a moist paper towel)
- temperature can reach up to 450 degreesh Fahrenheit
- even heat distribution
- cool-touch handles allow you to move the grill even if it is on and heating
- wide cooking surface
- temperatures don’t stay consistent
- takes awhile to heat up (around 10 minutes)
- takes up a lot of real estate on your counter
- the non-stick coating does scrape off over time
The Perfecto Indoor grill has a lot of great features that enable you to enjoy tasty results minus the usual hassle of cleaning a grill. Of course, clean up would be even better with a removable grill plate but it’s still easy. The temperature can fluctuate at times but the food still gets cooked beautifully. All in all, the Perfecto Indoor grill gets the job done well.Error parsing: Query returned empty response
De’Longhi CGH902C 5-in-1 Ceramic Coated Grill and Griddle
- ceramic coated grill and griddle plates that are removable and dishwasher-safe
- adjustable temperature control
- adjustable hinge to accommodate food of various sizes
- two cooking positions (contact grill and full grill)
- 2 grease containers
- 1 spatula to help drain the grease
- the plates are easy to detach from the grill with the push of a release button on the side
- dishwasher-safe plates make clean up easy
- very sturdy design
- easy to control dials
- the plates are interchangeable so you get more versatility
- holds temperature very well
- can reach up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit
- the grease isn’t drained effectively because the plates don’t slope
- the grease splatters on the controls
- the markings on the control fade when wiped down with cloth and warm water (even after only one use)
- extra grill plates as well as the grease drip cups have to be stored
- the grease drip cups aren’t attached to the grill so they can accidentally bumped out of position, spilling grease on your counter
- the grill is heavy so getting it and storing it away can be a bit of a hassle (unless you plan on using it everyday)
- uneven heat distribution
At this price point, you’d expect a lot more from the De’Longhi 5-in-1. At the very least, the markings on the control shouldn’t fade away just from cleaning it with a wet cloth. Without the markings, you’re left with a very difficult grll to operate as you have no idea what temperature the grill is at. You’ll have to guesstimate how hot the grill is and probably ruin a few meals before getting it right. That’s too much of a hassle for most people.
Faded markings aside, the grease splatter and the lack of attachment for the grease drip containers lessen the impact of having dishwasher-safe grill plates. Also, the grease drips down the back of the grill whenever you use it as a contact grill so there’s that mess to clean up as well. While the plates are easy to clean, having to clean other messes in and around the grill just lessens the “convenience ranking” of this grill.
While the De’Longhi 5-in-1 does remarkably well in cooking various types of foods, there is much to be improved here. There are other grills that cost less but cook the same quality food.Error parsing: Query returned empty response
De’Longhi CGH800 Contact Grill and Panini Press
While this kitchen appliance is more well-known as a sandwich maker, it can also function as a contact grill for your chicken, burgers, and steak.
- double-sided contact cooking plates
- adjustable hinge to allow for foods of various thickness/height
- adjustable thermostat with an easy-to-read temperature gauge
- slightly tilted grill surface for draining grease
- separate grease drip cup
- non-stick grill plates (not removable)
- on/off indicator light
- safety locking system for upright storage
- 112 square inches of heating/cooking space (around 4 good-sized sandwiches at a time)
- a large cooking area
- versatile sandwich maker that can also grill burgers, steaks, chicken, fish, and other meats.
- easy to clean
- adjustable hinge opens the grill and allow the top of the press stand straight at a 90-degree angle. It also allows the grill to accommodate food of various heights/thickness.
- the temperature control knob as well as the gauge lets you set how hot your grill should be. The indicator light turns green once the grill reaches your desired temperature.
- safety features include a heat-resistant handle and a safety locking system. The outside of the grill remains cool to touch to avoid burning your fingers while the grill is cooking.
- uneven temperatures across the grill surface
- the grooves on the grill plate are a bit too far apart for some types of sandwiches (grilled cheese for instance) so you sometimes get an unevenly cooked one.
The DeLonghi Contact Grill & Panini Press is a more versatile kitchen appliance than other sandwich makers. The temperature control also allows you more cooking flexibility. Its large cooking surface is a big bonus for those who want to cook for more than just two people at a time. While it is easy to clean, the grill/panini press can be improved with making the grill plates removable and dishwasher-safe. Despite the uneven temperatures, the results from this particular indoor grill are still pretty tasty.Error parsing: Query returned empty response
DeLonghi Reversible Die-Cast Grill and Griddle
Unlike other indoor grills that come with interchangeable plates, this indoor grill from DeLonghi offers a reversible one – one side is ribbed for grilling meats and fish while the other side is flat for cooking vegetables, eggs, pancakes, bacon, and the like. The reversible grill and griddle plate is made of heavy-duty die-cast aluminum with an embedded heated element that is removable and dishwasher-safe. The grill also features an adjustable temperature control that ranges from 200 degrees to 400 degrees Farenheit (from keep-warm to sear setting).
Other features include:
- removable grease tray
- nonslip rubber feet
- cool-touch handles
What we love:
- the grill cooks really well, right up there with the Perfecto Indoor grill that’s around half the price of this one.
- the ribbed side of the grill plate has grooves that are high enough that the food doesn’t touch the grease. The grease flows down to the drain holes located on the end of the left side of the grill; the right side sits a bit higher so the grill will flow towards those holes.
- the adjustable temperature control helps give you more control over how hot your grill gets
- the grill is very easy to clean because the tray and plate are removable and dishwasher-safe.
- the griddle works better than a stove top skillet
- the plastic base acts as a barrier or guard from getting accidentally burned by the heating grill/griddle plate if you bump your arm on the grill.
- Even heat distribution
What we disliked:
- there’s no lid to prevent grease splatter from making a mess on and around the grill
- the grill is pretty heavy and awkward to handle
- doesn’t take up too much real estate on your countertop
- plastic rim around the grill does no
- the temperature settings range from warm to sear; would be better if it was listed in degrees for more precision cooking
- the grill takes awhile to reach the sear setting temperature
- taking out the grease tray for cleaning can be a bit inconvenient
The DeLonghi BGR50 Reversible Grill/Griddle is a very good grill and an even better griddle. While the grease drainage system could be improved and the temp settings listed better, the results of cooking on this indoor grill have been delicious. Cleaning the grill isn’t a problem but the grease splatter can become a deterrent from using the grill side too often. If you’re looking for a traditional indoor grill with no extra function/feature, then this may be too expensive for you. But for those who want to a multipurpose appliance, this grill offers great value for your money.Error parsing: Query returned empty response
DeLonghi BG500C 2-in-1 Ceramic Coated Grill and Griddle
If the reversible grill/griddle plate isn’t your thing and you’d prefer to cook a variety of foods at the same time, DeLonghi has another multipurpose grill for you – the 2-in-1 Ceramic Coated Grill and Griddle. Instead of having two sides, this grill makes use of only one side which is then divided into two parts. 2/3 of the plate is ribbed for use as a grill. 1/3 of the grill is flat to be used as a griddle. This unique design allows you to cook burgers on the grill side while you cook some bacon and veggies on the griddle side so you have a full meal in one go.
- Durastone coated ceramic grill with high anti-scratch resistance that’s removable and dishwasher-safe
- sloping v surface to drain grease towards the holes in the middle of the plate
- sliding, dishwasher-safe grease tray
- embedded heating element in the grill plate
- adjustable and removable thermostat (min-med-max setting with clicks in between)
- cool-touch handles
- nonslip rubber feet
- plastic scraper for cleaning the grill plate
- grease splatter shield
What we love:
- the grill plate and the drip tray are very easy to clean; just wipe them down and place them in the dishwasher
- grilled meat tastes a lot better than some grills of this calibre but then it may be because a lot of the fat is still in them (a lot of other indoor grills are contact grills, pressing down on the meat which pushes all that extra fat out)
- works great if you want to cook more than one type of food at the same time (frees up your stove for something else)
- no smoke which is a problem that other grills in this category have
- variable temperature settings give you more control over your cooking
- grease tray is removable but still attached to the grill when in use so there’s no worry over accidentally bumping it out of position and causing a mess
- large cooking capacity
What we didn’t like:
- doesn’t heat up as quickly as other indoor grills in this price range
- takes a bit longer to cook meats
- uneven heat distribution (you’ll need to find the hot spots if you want to cook your meat fast)
- no lid to trap the heat so thicker meat cuts don’t cook all the way through
- hard to store away
- takes up a lot of kitchen counter space
- you’ll need to guess the temperature since it’s not listed in degrees (takes a bit of practice and guessing to learn which settings work for which meats)
- despite the grease splatter shield, the grease still gets in some of the nooks and crannies of the grill which can be a pain to clean
The DeLonghi 2-in-1 Grill and Griddle isn’t going to be for everyone. While the griddle cooks really light and fluffy pancakes, the grill has some problems with uneven heating (hot spots). While the plate and grease tray are removable, the rest of the grill still requires a bit of cleaning which is an inconvenience. While it does have an adjustable temperature control, it doesn’t list degrees so guesstimates are still going to be part of your cooking technique at least until you finally figure things out. The grill does give you versatility in terms of the foods you can cook at the same time but it still limits the amount of food you can cook for you and your family. The bulkiness of the grill can be a problem too if you don’t have enough counter space. All in all, this is a decent grill that cooks fairly well (better than some grills in this category). But is it worth it? It may be more than you’re willing to part with.Error parsing: Query returned empty response